Wednesday 12 November 2014

Exciting New Book

I recently saw a youtube clip of comedian and author B.J. Novak reading his new book 'The Book With No Pictures' to a group of children. I was so excited about it, I wanted to read it to my class of Year 1 students as soon as possible. So, I ordered it then and there...three weeks later my very own copy arrived :)
My family were my first guinea pigs :o) success!! Laughter from young and old.



Here is the brilliant book


It was time to try it out on my class. There were looks of concern when they realised there really weren't any pictures in the book...so unlike all the books we usually read. But this concern was short lived. I am pleased to say Pohutukawa Ruma absolutely loved it and it has been the request of choice ever since.

We had another class join us today, a class of Year 2 and 3 students, and they too succumbed to the utter silliness that is 'The Book With No Pictures'.

I highly recommend it. 5 Stars

1 comment: