Wednesday 12 November 2014

My PD Learning in Practice

Yesterday, Lisa told us a simple way to see if our kids had trouble crossing the midline. I wanted to try at least one of the exercises we had learnt while it was still fresh.

The students got into pairs. One lay on the ground with his/her eyes closed.
The other said, "When I tap your arm, lift your arm"
                      "When I tap your leg, lift your leg"

After doing this single leg or arm lift a few times, then tap an arm and the opposite leg.

I was curious to see which of my 15 students would be able to do this...having suspicions as to which ones might not be able to.


Pohutukawa students having fun crossing the midline

My class had such a good time doing this on each other and I was able to go around the class noting who was having trouble.
As predicted it was the ones who struggle with fine motor skills who were unable to to register the taps on their opposite arm/leg.

I will be including some exercises which work on crossing the midline throughout our day :o)

1 comment:

  1. You are going so well recording your learning on the blog, Jodie. Great effort!

    ReplyDelete